Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) announces plans to release its new model “Granace” in 2019, through Toyota vehicle dealers nationwide. New full-size wagon set for release in 2019 provides a high-quality, comfortable interior space.
Prior to its rollout, the new Granace will be unveiled at the Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd. (Toyota Auto Body) booth at the 46th Tokyo Motor Show 2019. With “OPEN FUTURE” as its theme, this year’s Tokyo Motor Show will be held from October 24 through November 4 at Tokyo Big Sight.
A full-size wagon, the new Granace commands outstanding presence, making full use of the broad 5.3 meters in length and 1.97 meters in width as a high-quality and comfortable interior space. Adopting a semi-bonnet package, two types of seating arrangements are available: the six-seater with seats in three rows of two, and the eight-seater with seats in four rows of two. The Granace features high-quality performance, delivering sophisticated riding comfort, superior control stability, and a spacious interior.
Exterior style that realizes “overwhelming presence and luxury”
The large radiator grille embellished with metallic accents flows seamlessly into the headlamps, which project in vertical and horizontal directions, realizing a gorgeous and bold face. The distinctive LED daytime running lamps pierce the headlamps, and together with the projective twin-lens LED headlamps that flow into the decorative chrome frame, express sophistication suitable for luxury cars.
“High quality” and “gorgeous” cockpit space
The black-infused instrument panel creates a luxurious atmosphere, featuring metallic accents on the air-conditioner outlets and wood-grain embellishment in front of the front passenger seat. The meter hood is wrapped in leather and genuine stitching further lends an air of quality.
High-quality space with hospitality in mind leverages spaciousness
- In addition to the three-row six-seater, a four-row eight-seater is also available to meet the wide ranging needs of users.
- The four seats comprising the second and third rows feature leather captain seats designed for complete relaxation provide a high-quality interior space. In addition to comfortable seating, the new model is equipped with a long slide mechanism and an ottoman mechanism in and other amenities that enhance convenience and comfort.
- Wood grain decorations flow from the back of the front seats toward the side trim as if to wrap rear seat passengers in comfort. The LED side color illumination is gently lit, further expressing an elegant and calm quality.
Sophisticated high-quality performance
- Adopted front-wheel drive layout. Equipped with a 1GD 2.8-liter clean diesel engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, achieving smooth and torque-strong driving from low speeds.
- The newly developed trailing-link rigid-axle suspension is used for the rear suspension. The high rigidity body, including the adoption of a ring-shaped frame, achieves a luxurious, comfortable ride with stable handling.
- Thorough vibration and sound insulation measures provide a serene quietness suitable for luxury wagons in various road environments.
Enhanced advanced equipment
- Comes standard with the latest version of Toyota Safety Sense, featuring improved sensing functions that make use of the pre-collision safety system that detects pedestrians during the day and at night, as well as cyclists during the day.
- Fully equipped with safety equipment for safety and peace of mind such as Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Parking Support Brakes (Stationary Objects) that helps reduce and/or mitigate damage from collisions during low-speed driving in parking lots, etc.
- Equipped with advanced Display Audio (DA). The smartphone linkage function including SDL allows customers to connect with smartphones and operate map applications and music via touch screen display.