Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today announced it closed the 2019 calendar year with its best annual sales performance since 2007.
With 121,046 vehicles sold, total calendar year 2019 sales represented an increase of 2.5percent over 2018. This performance marks the seventh consecutive year of annual sales increases for the brand, and the third-straight year of sales over 100,000 vehicles.
In December 2019, MMNA recorded sales of 9,915 units, up 10.3 percent over December 2018.
“Sales figures are obviously one key metric for any brand, and by that measure, 2019 was a year of great success and growth at MMNA,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO, MMNA. “But we have so much more to celebrate as we start 2020. We reached our seventh consecutive year of sales increases, relocated our national headquarters to Franklin, Tennessee, and added nearly 40 new dealer partners to our network, all marking the reinvention of Mitsubishi Motors in the U.S. And there’s more good news on the horizon, including all-new and substantially refreshed vehicles that will launch throughout the year ahead.”
News and Notes
- Mitsubishi Motors reported its seventh-straight year of sales increases.
- 2019 was Mitsubishi Motors’ third-straight year of 100,000-plus sales.
- December 2019 saw a 10.3 percent increase over December 2018.
- During 2019, MMNA completed the relocation of its U.S. corporate headquarters from Cypress, Calif. to Franklin, Tenn. The move is the most visible and substantive aspect of the reinvention of the Mitsubishi Motors brand in the U.S.
- New additions to the MMNA senior leadership team include Vice President and General Counsel, Katherine Knight; Vice President of Aftersales, Scott Smith; and Director of Product Planning, Cason Grover.
- MMNA launched the boldly redesigned 2020 Outlander Sport, the first production example of Mitsubishi’s new bold and dynamic design. It is a look to the future design direction of the brand.
- MMNA welcomed 38 new dealerships to its North American network, continuing the expansion of the brand into important new markets.
- MMNA introduced several important new corporate programs and initiatives this year, including:
- Through the opening of Lewisville-Autoplex Mitsubishi, the company launched its global Visual Identity dealership redesign program intended to refine the retail experience at Mitsubishi stores across the U.S.
- The launch of the all-new “Small Batch, Big Impact” corporate social responsibility (CSR) program. The program allows MMNA and its dealer partners to offer a series of vehicle loans to small nonprofits and social benefit organizations to help support their local communities.