Binge-watching is a common practice for people, even without a mandate for social distancing. And it is no secret to movie fans worldwide that Audi vehicles have made their fair share of appearances on the big screen.
Since the first Audi appeared in “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” in 1982, nearly every Audi vehicle has spent time on the big screen – from rom-coms to action and thriller films to epic chase scenes. With all that extra time at home, Audi of America is sharing a list of 15 movies that feature one or more Audi vehicles to keep you and your loved ones entertained while you social distance.
1. 1982, Audi 5000 in, “E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial”
2. 1998, S8 appears in one of the greatest chase scenes ever filmed, “Ronin”
3. 1999, A4 sedan appears in the drama film, “The Insider”
4. 2003, TT Roadster in “Legally Blonde 2: Red White & Blonde”. Fun fact: Audi developed the Candy Blue exterior paint color exclusively for the movie that was then available for customers to order.
5. 2006, Lois Lane drives an A3 Sportback in “Superman Returns”
6. 2007, Jason Bourne drives an A5 in “The Bourne Ultimatum”
7. 2008, R8, S5 and Q7 all make an appearance in the first “Iron Man” film, launching many epic adventures with the Marvel franchise.
8. 2008, A3 Sportback and the S8 star in “Taken”
9. 2010, A5 Sportback in “The American”
10. 2013, R8 Spyder and the A8 appear in the superhero film, “The Wolverine”
11. 2014, A5 Cabriolet and S6 in “Transformers: Age of Extinction”
12. 2015, R8 Spyder, A3 Sedan, S8, S7 and the Audi Q7 star in “Fifty Shades of Gray” Fun fact: the author had already written all of these Audi models into the book series, which then translated directly to the silver screen.
13. 2017, A8 was seen for the first time on-screen with the debut of “Spider-Man: Homecoming”
14. 2019, Audi e-tron Sportback concept and Audi e-tron GT concept appear in “Avengers: Endgame”
15. 2019, Audi e-tron SUV appears in addition to the A7 and the Audi Q8 in “Spider-Man: Far From Home”